Sept. 2017- Now
- as part of the Advanced Predictive and Analytics team, I provide advanced analytical support to the bank by analysing and modelling (big) data sets
- ING analytics community development
- Python, Spark, machine learning, scala, d3.js, R, ...
Jul. 2016- Aug. 2017
Business Intelligence/ (big-)data scientist Consultant
- Large data set analysis, modelling, manipulations and visualization to help the client to answer strategic and tactical questions
- 6 projects for 5 clients (startup, banking, insurance, R&D with ministry, logistics) in data science, business intelligence and data integration.
- R, Qlikview, Hadoop, Python, Spark, machine learning, d3.js, ...
Feb. 2015- Jun. 2016
Data scientist, PhD student in particle physics
- Data Analysis: Search for new particles in the CMS experiment data, CERN
- Team supervision and contact for the simulation in the CMS SiStrip tracker
- International team collaboration and communication
- Chairman of the research center seminars and representative for the institute scientific personnel
- Knowledge transmission and vulgarisation
FRIA Grant (2011-2014)
Sept. 2010- Dec. 2014
Internship in CMS
- Data analysis and algorithms improvements
- Courses by the Johns Hopkins University on Coursera: R Programming, Getting and Cleaning Data, Exploratory Data Analysis
(Johns Hopkins University)
PhD Student lectures Particle physics oriented
- BND graduate school in particle physics, Sept. 2011, Hoenderloo (Nl)
MSc in physics
- Experimental physics oriented: Data-analysis, detectors, ...
- Thesis consisting in a CERN experiment data analysis
Data AnalysisPython Spark Scala Machine Learning Open Source C++ (Data Analysis) Bash script Zeppelin Jupyter Command line QlikView R SQL D3.js Git JSON Excel Neo4j Web scraping Spotfire Highcharts Matlab SAS Enterprise Miner/Guide Tableau
OthersPowerpoint MS Word OpenOffice/LibreOffice Linux LaTeX VIM perl Java VHDL Gimp Inkscape gnuplot
Outside work interests
- The smile of my wife and my little girl
- Broaden my knowledge and keep my mind open to the outside
- Be up-to-date and test the technical and analytics developments in data science
- Belgian Physical Society meeting 2013 (Louvain-la-Neuve), "Searches for Long-lived Charged Particles in pp Collisions at sqrt(s)=7 and 8 TeV at CMS", 22 May 2013
- LHCC Meeting (CERN), "Search for Heavy Stable Charged Particles in pp collisions at sqrt(s)=7 TeV", March 2011
- BND graduate school in particle physics, Sept. 2011, Hoenderloo (Nl) (no talk)
- CMS Collaboration, “Search for Heavy Stable Charged Particles in pp collisions at √s=7 TeV”, JHEP 03 (2011) 024, arXiv:1101.1645. doi:10.1007/JHEP03(2011)024.
Internal PAS: CMS-PAS-EXO-10-011
- CMS Collaboration, “Search for heavy long-lived charged particles in pp collisions at √s=7TeV”, Physics Letters B, Volume 713, Issues 4–5, 18 July 2012, Pages 408–433
- CMS Collaboration, “Searches for long-lived charged particles in pp collisions at √ =7 and 8 TeV”, JHEP 07 (2013) 122, arXiv:1305.0491. doi:10.1007/JHEP07(2013)122., July 2013 ; Internal PAS: CMS-PAS-EXO-12-026
- Nuttens, Claude Patrick J., “Overview of the CMS Strip and Pixel Detectors”, PoS Vertex2013 (2013) 002, 2013